Thursday, May 22, 2014

32 Weeks...7 to go!

In just 7 short weeks, our baby girl will be arriving  and we are all so excited!  She is a little "mover" and wiggles all the time, especially when I take a break to read.  She likes to make my ipad bounce when I hold it on my tummy. 
 
These past two weeks have been up and down for me.  I started feeling extremely tired and sick but just figured it was because we are at the end of the school year, and I've been trying to juggle all of the assemblies, banquets, final sporting events, final homework projects, as well as get all of my kids registered and transferred over to their new schools for next fall...and I just kind of ignored how I was feeling until it got pretty bad. 
 
Thankfully, I have a great doctor and when I called to talk with him (finally) about how I was feeling, he had me come right in and took a blood draw.  Come to find out, the Heparin I have to inject twice daily...has made me anemic...and it was making me sick.  So I immediately went on an iron supplement to boost my platelet count.  After about a week and a half, I finally feel "normal" again.  Pregnancy "normal" is just abnormal, let's face it! 
 
At my appointment yesterday, some of my vitals and lab results were off, high blood pressure and showing protein so now they've got me watching for sudden swelling because these are signs of preeclampsia.  But so far, so good.  In two weeks, I have to start going in twice a week for stress tests to make sure baby girl is doing okay and will do that until the delivery date. 
 
So here I am with my huge 32 week tummy! 

Last week I was standing in a check out line in a store, and then turned sideways to look at something on the shelf and the lady behind me exclaims, "Oh my gosh, You're pregnant!"  It cracked me up.  Keep in mind, she's a complete stranger...but she was really nice.  She told me that from behind she couldn't even tell, so when I turned sideways it "freaked her out."  So glad that I have that effect on people.  So if I have been freaking out any of my friends for the past few months, I sincerely apologize...

Lainah keeps praying that baby sister will "come to visit when she's supposed to."  I love it...we're planning on her debut "visit" to be Friday, July 11th...we'll see if she cooperates!

1 comment:

Ty and Sandra Belnap said...

A great mom and wonderful family. Happy that all appears to be going well.