There is an unwritten law in the universe, or at least in the Thuernagle Family universe, that if written would state: "If an object of importance has been lost, it WILL NOT be found, it CANNOT be found until a replacement of equal or greater value has been purchased. Then the said missing object will at once be recovered. No amount of careful searching, no amount of time lapse will change this law."
About a month ago, I went to switch batteries in my digital camera for the one in the charger in my bedroom wall. The problem? The charger was no longer plugged into the wall. We searched and searched...we looked everywhere. I had that mother's sixth sense that it was little Addy who must have snatched it away and put it somewhere, so we were looking in all the toddler places: drawers, under beds, in cabinets...we even searched through a few garbage bags (yuck!)...I was pretty sure it couldn't have gone down the toilet or I would have found out about that in a quick and unpleasant way...
The whole family searched. It just could not be found. So I was stuck without a charged battery with no replacement and no way to charge the battery I had. With end of school events coming up...we just couldn't wait any longer. Andy ordered a new charger and battery. We received the battery the day before Easter.
Well, Easter Sunday night, Andy and I were cleaning up Easter dinner...and he got out a small plastic container to put some leftover food in the fridge...and inside the container in the bottom drawer of the kitchen...was my camera battery and charger. The lost had been found...exactly a day after receiving the new replacements. Good grief.
We knew immediately that the culprit was indeed Addyson...who else would have thought to carefully tuck it away in a plastic container in the back of a bottom drawer that doesn't get used all that often? Silly little girl...its a good thing she's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment