I had my date with Taylor last week. We went fishing...which translates into Tay went fishing, and he brought a camp chair for me to sit in while he fished. It was a beautiful relaxing afternoon.
We got all situated, and he started casting, and then he just started talking. It's no wonder he didn't catch anything...I think we were being too loud. We were laughing and joking about so many things. One of the things that made me laugh the loudest was when I said, "So Taylor, you're going to be turning 14 in a month...how does that make you feel, are you excited?" and his reply, "Well...it just means I'm getting older, I mean I'm going to have to get a fishing license!" Too funny.
He gets to start going to the stake dances too, and he's excited but he's also worried because part of Andy's responsibility for his calling is for us as a couple to chaperone at the dances. Hee hee! Just what a 14 year old wants...his parents there watching everything! I told him not to worry, that Andy and I are AMAZING dancers. He just looked at me with horror on his face before we both burst out laughing. But seriously, I think that Andy and I will have to come up with something...
We also saw this weird fish! It looks like it caught in a paint ball war or something! We named it "Gollum." So anyone fishing at Wilson Mills Ponds...look out for this guy!
What a fun afternoon with Taylor. He's a great kid. He has a great sense of humor, and one thing that I've loved about him ever since he was an inquisitive little 3 year old...is the questions that he asks! I used to be able to answer and explain everything to him... but his mind is amazing...and half the time nowadays I don't have the answers to his questions, but we have great discussions about space, biology, math theories, religion, and life in general.
I told him next time I'd get my fishing license so I could teach him the fine art of CATCHING a fish. Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment