Taylor took a beginning engineering class this year and has thoroughly enjoyed it. When we ask him what he'd like to do for a career, lately it's been centering around some sort of engineering...biomedical, and aeronautical specifically.
The students have been learning to use the CAD program this semester, and one of the projects was to design a car. Each student had to design it, using the computer program...and the top two student design winners got to have their car design brought to life. Taylor's car actually took second place in design...but we think it's interesting that the winner's car actually broke the first time being tested out and the Engineering teacher had to fix it...so I know we're biased...but Andy and I both agree that THAT means Taylor's design was actually the better of the two. I mean...it's not rocket science. (ha ha!)
 |
| Side view of Tay's car |
 |
| Top view |
 |
| and the "oh yeah" view... |
I haven't told Tay yet...but hey, Matthew turns 8 next year and guess who is going to get nominated for helping little brother with his Pinewood Derby car for Cub Scouts? Oh yeah.....
No comments:
Post a Comment