Tuesday, May 27, 2014

And More Awards...

 
Taylor was awarded the Engineering Student of Overall Excellence this year at East Valley.  As we were waiting for his group to be announced, we had fun making fun of him about some of the other categories...for example:  Taylor is in Jazz Band and Concert Band.  He NEVER practices his trombone.  Never. Ever. Never.  But it has come really naturally to him, and with the piano lessons that I teach him, he is musically prepared for class each day.  So when the music department was handing out awards for the "Hardest Working Student"...I couldn't help but look over at him and say, "What!?!  It isn't you!?" 
Taylor with two of his good buddies receiving awards in Engineering.

Taylor's final awards banquet for Middle School...next year it's Skyview High!

And Matthew has had a great 1st grade year.  I haven't documented all of his achievements, but he was awards Star Student earlier in the year...and throughout the year has brought home coupons that his teacher hands out for good behavior.  Some of the fun things he's been able to do with his coupons is 1)Sit at the teacher's desk for the day 2) wear his hat to school 3) switch desks with any student he chooses 4) bring a special item to show his classmates and 5) a free no-homework pass!  We've also gone to Pizza Hut quite a bit to try and keep up with the Book-It certificates he earns from his reading!  He is a great reader and his reading tests show that his current reading level is where it should be at the END of the 2nd grade.  I'm so glad that I'm not the only bookworm in the family.
 
Matthew received the "R Factor" award at the end of the year assembly which is for being "Respectful, Reliable, and Responsible" throughout the year.  He also received an award for perfect attendance during this last trimester.
Matthew with his Reagan Excellence Award

Matthew with his Perfect Attendance Award


Addyson was a big fan at the awards assembly.  I think she clapped for everyone.  Anytime the parents started cheering, she'd clap it.  It was so cute!
Little Addy...getting so big, can't believe she's almost two!

No comments: