Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kindergarten Registration!


It's hard to believe that my little Lainah will be going to school next year.  The years have flown by, and I'm really not ready even now to let her start going.  She is more than ready though...and I can't believe how tall she has gotten in just the past couple of months.  She had Kindergarten registration last week...it made the whole "we're building a house and moving" thing seem a lot more real.
Lainah all ready for registration...I told them to smile, and Addy did her "Wanna build a Snowman?" face instead.
Our Elementary school kids will be going to a new school in the fall because of the house build...they'll be attending Lake Ridge Elementary.  The school sits up on top of a knoll above Lake Lowell...and from the playground, you can see the knoll about a mile away where our new house will be.

Lainah was SO excited to go see her new school...and since she was the first to go into it, she got to tell Matthew and Brooklynn all about it.  Their mascot is the Leopards, and she liked all of the trees around the school.  She met another little girl who would be in Kindergarten with her, and they hit it off immediately.  While I filled out paperwork, those two were sitting on a little couch talking about...Frozen, and My Little Ponies...and their SHOES.  Sheesh.

So it's official.  My little girlie is growing up.  She is so beautiful, and spunky, and smart, and eager to learn, and eager to meet other kids...and with that cute little giggle of hers...I'm sure she's going to have a fantastic Kindergarten year!

No comments: