A few weeks ago, I decided to learn how to crochet. When I started, Matthew told me I was turning into a granny! I guess I am! I've had to spend a lot of time reclining back on my sofa the past couple of weeks due to very acute pain from my pregnancy...so I've kept busy with this project. I finished it last night, and love how it turned out...so cute and frilly!
I love how this first project turned out...now on to my next baby project, a cross-stitched baby afghan that will need crocheted edging.
I might be an official granny now according to Matthew...but thankfully my hair is still brown!
2 comments:
CUTE!!! That's great, especially for your first project! I guess by Matthew's standards, I've been a granny for while now. lol I started crocheting with I was the RS president in our ward (about 5 years ago) and the lady that always crocheted baby blankets for ward members moved away. I loved it! And even though I'm not the RS president anymore, I still make baby blankets for the babies born in our ward. I especially love seeing the babies come to church with one of the blankets I made; makes me smile to know that the mom likes it and is using it. :)
That is amazing for your first project! I tried crocheting, my first blanket was not bad except for my color choices in the yarn. Blech. But thankfully my girls like to use those kinds of things for dolly blankets! Win-win!! I'm so sorry you're having so many complications with this pregnancy. As you well know, this baby will be worth all the pain it takes to get her here. Hopefully some of the pain will go away soon!
Post a Comment