We spent another day hiking around Snow Canyon, this time I didn't take the big camera with me...so I'll have to post pictures of that day after I sinc Andy's phone...but we found some cool lava tubes, and Andy and the kids explored one of them while Addy and I stayed up top and ate apples.
After a while of hiking, we went to the St. George Temple grounds to walk around. We try to spend a little time each trip at the nearest temple, its fun for the kids to see them and spend time there. Andy and I like them to know that pretty much anywhere they go, they can find one closeby and go there.
 |
| This picture makes me laugh right out loud. I don't know what had happened, but Rachel and Matthew had gotten into a little tiff in the car and she was NOT a happy camper. So, I looked over and said, "just pretend to be super happy and smile for the camera!" Her "super happy" look cracks me up! We all look windswept from hiking too...but here we are. |
 |
| The St. George Temple design seemed like a mixture of the Kirtland, and Nauvoo Temples. It was gorgeous how white it was against the red rocks of the canyons behind it. There were a couple weddings there that day, and so the girls got to see the beautiful brides...they loved that part. |
 |
| Andy said he needed a picture of all seven kids...which meant I needed to go stand in. So there they are, all seven kids...and mom too. |
 |
| Addy had to climb all the way to the top of these stairs and pose just like the beautiful brides did. She loved it up there, she was all smiles and waves. |
 |
| As of right now, my girls still want to get married in the SLC Temple...I then reminded them of the San Diego "princess castle" temple, and Lainah's eyes got huge and she said, "Oh YA!! I forgot! That's where I want to get married, nevermind!" Too funny. |
 |
| One of the things that the kids mentioned to me while we were walking around, is how happy everyone was who was at and around the temple. I'm so glad they noticed that. There is a wonderful, warm, and inviting peaceful spirit that surrounds the Temples of the Lord...they are holy places on the earth and I'm so glad that my children recognize that. |
No comments:
Post a Comment