Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Break 2014 St George, UT: Part 4

Part of a good vacation, in our opinion, is NOT scheduling or planning packed days but allowing for down time to sleep and relax.  It's really one of the biggest reasons why we do it.  My calendar is always so filled with appointments, concerts, sporting events, meetings, and lists of things to do it just is so crazy.  And even when we get away, we still have to turn off our phones and ignore emails or we get bogged down.  Andy actually got a few dental phone calls in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, yes at 1:30am...honestly.  So needless to say, we greatly appreciate the dilemma of having "nothing to do." 
 
I documented some of it.
 
Matthew decided he liked golf this vacation.  It was his favorite thing to watch.  Weird.  Really, it's just weird.  Andy and I can't stand watching golf.  But here is Andy being a great sport and watching golf with Matthew.

Taylor, on the other hand, was watching a basketball game in the girls' room.  If I remember right, this was the afternoon that I spent on the couch reading a book and resting while the girls baked us some cookies.  Frozen chocolate chip cookie dough is a vacation tradition.  It's just not a true vacation without it.   

One morning I woke up and found Rachey and Addy like this.  Rachey had the priviledge of sharing a bed with Addy all week.  Addy was either snuggled right up to her in a little ball, or laying like this, perpendicular with her feet in Rachey's tummy or back.  It looks like they had a rough night.  Addy did start out the night with pajama bottoms on...don't know what happened to them, and she must have stayed up reading just like Rachel, because her shapes and numbers book is right there on the bed.  Too cute.  One morning, we heard Addy wake up and she immediately started making the sounds of the minions from Despicable Me.  So we woke up to her little voice saying, "beedo! beedo! beedo! beedo!"  and then, "Wake up!!!"  She is a pill.


This was an afternoon after one of our climbing days.  Matthew had been all over the place...he never naps, but he was so out...drool and everything.


One of their favorite games is "Marco Polo"  except when I'm playing with them.  Taylor thinks I cheat.  I just think he doesn't listen very well.  hee! hee!  But again this vacation was kind of sad in that respect, I couldn't do anything even in the pool, I had to just stay in one spot or move really slowly. 
By the end of the week, Addy was a little fish and loved the water.  Rachel was such a huge help all week.  I think I only picked Addy up one time (which I'm not supposed to do at all for the rest of the pregnancy).  So between Rachel and Andy...I had a complete rest from picking up and holding this cute little 21 month old.  I miss carrying her around though...she's so sweet and cute and fun.

Lainah always loves the toddler pools.  She usually has them all to herself, and calls it her "mermaid pool."  She pretends to be a mermaid, and even tries to swim keeping her feet and legs together like a mermaid's fin.  I bought her a new "ballerina" swimsuit before this trip that has an attached tutu on it.  So all week she was swimming like a mermaid, or twirling around like a water ballerina.  She is so fun.


And no pictures, but one of the things Andy and I enjoy is table tennis (ping pong.)  At dental school, I used to meet him once in a while at the school for a good game or two during lunch or in breaks.  He and a group of friends played every day during their lunch break and got pretty serious about it.  We spent part of an afternoon showing the kids our amazing ping pong skills.  Ya.  They were impressed.  Move over Forest Gump...cuz...the Thuernagles are in town.


No comments: