GIRL!!!
| Taylor took a HUGE chunk of cake to show his support of the news! |
To announce it to the kids, I made a cake, frosted it white, and then told them that they had to cut into it to find out. Blue meant baby brother, and pink meant baby sister. They were all really excited. Notice the look on Matthew's face in this picture...so excited! He was sure it was a boy.
We got them all gathered around, Addy just liked the frosting...didn't care much about the inside. But watch all the other facial expressions...especially Rachel's. Too cute!
and....
Yep...she's pretty sure, looks over at Dad to see if she's right...
And it's a GIRL! Now notice Matthew's face. Not so excited anymore. He's still convinced that its really a boy somehow. Too funny. Taylor's a good sport though, the girls are excited, and Addy just loves the frosting.
So we're excited to be getting ready for our 5th baby girl. I was always sad that I was an only girl and never had any sisters or even any girl cousins close to my age. I've always yearned for that special, close female relationship and have never had it...so I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has sent me 5 beautiful daughters. I love each one of them, yes, even this one that has still not made her grand arrival...she made it very clear to Andy and I that she needed to come and I'm so excited to finally meet her. I am so thankful that I have the chance to have that special close relationship with each one of my daughters, I feel very blessed. Sometimes we don't always get the thing that we've always wanted on our own timeline or how we imagined it should be, no matter how hard we try to make it happen...but it does come. And my boys? Well...they are full of enough energy, spunk, humor, grit, imagination, goofiness, and yucky boy habits to make up for the lack of numbers. Our home wouldn't be the same without them, and I know they'll fall in love with our newest little princess as soon as they meet her.
2 comments:
Have to warn you. When they told me my 4th was a girl my 2nd son was adimit it was a boy. Well for $20 we could do a gender check ultrasound. So four weeks or so later we took all the kids so they could see and the tec goes there is your boy. I about died as did my oldest the only girl. Maybe you better double check for his sake in about four weeks just to be sure. Overall though congrats hope all continues to go well.
Jess that's too funny! We would be happy for a boy too...and I do get another ultrasound this Thursday, the real nice long one so we'll get a second check. :). This one was just a quick one to make sure my allergic reaction to the meds hadn't harmed the baby in any way. :). I'll have to make sure they really look closely at gender, ha ha!
Post a Comment