Thursday, June 5, 2014

While You Were Sleeping...

 
 Here is proof:  even tough guys have a soft spot for My Little Ponies.  Ha!  Four of my kids have had a gunky cold that has turned into ear infections this past week.  Not fun!  Andy had just given Taylor some medication that also made him sleepy...he was out on the couch for the entire afternoon.  I kept coming in to check on him, and then noticed what he was holding.  I couldn't help it.  I HAD to document this one.
 
A few days later, when I asked him what he had been doing holding this pony, he grinned and said that "in my delirium...I noticed the button on the side of the pony that when you push it moves its head and tail.  I was holding the head still while pushing the button to see if the tail would move independently of the head."  Ahem.  When he told us this, Rachel and I just looked at each other and said, "ya right!"  Andy and I gave him a bad time about it...he's such a good sport.  His 14th birthday is coming up...maybe we'll get him a pony.
 
As I was blogging this picture, I had this weird random thought.  I can remember the very first time that Taylor got sick.  Maybe its because he was my first baby, and it's such a huge traumatic experience when your little baby gets sick, but even after 14 years, I remember how worried I was over my little infant baby boy who couldn't keep any milk down.  I remember asking Andy to give him a blessing, and just watching over him until he was completely better. 
 
Some things don't change much.  I still fuss and worry over my kids when they're sick, no matter how old and "tough" they appear to be...because let's get real, when we're sick...we like to be pampered.  And sometimes, holding a cute little purple pony helps.

No comments: