It's hard to believe that this cutie is 12 years old and off to her first year of girls camp! She has been so excited for the past few weeks, and I've had fun telling her about some of my funniest memories from my old girl's camp days.
Last week she put together all of her little gifts for her "Secret Sister." She was so excited about who she got, and we had fun putting together fun little surprises for each day.
Rachey made this cute little washcloth organizer. Her person's favorite candy is Jolly Ranchers...so with each little surprise we added in a handful. We also added some dental supplies into this little organizer...we were about to put in one of the many toothbrushes we have on hand...but had to go buy one from the store because ours all say "Clearwater Dental" on them...which we thought would be a dead giveaway as to who was the giver. hee hee. Andy just laughed that we were putting candy in with floss, mouthwash, and toothpaste. Hey, it works!
She's been getting more and more anxious as the departure day came closer...worried about getting carsick on the 2 hour busride (we gave her a Dramamine) worried about forgetting something...worried about getting up late and missing the bus...worried that other girls may not like her...
But I think this goofball princess will be just fine.
She asked me to give her a "pre-camp" manicure yesterday...and since her ward's color is purple...we went with that color theme.
So now that her nails are all beautiful...she's ready to go up into the mountains and camp. Too funny!
Here she was this morning at 7:00 am, ready to go and not a minute late!
I'm so proud of myself, I only sobbed for a few minutes, and I waited until I was in my car driving home. She is missed already! Little Addy was looking for her this morning, and I told her Rachey was away for a little while so she walked around the house saying, "Rachel? Rachel! Come back!"
Too sweet. We will all be so excited to hear about her fun adventures at the end of the week!

No comments:
Post a Comment