This really isn't Taylor's fault...but just for kicks and giggles, I blamed it on him today. Without going into detail, during the second half of each pregnancy I've had, I have dealt with a lot of skeletal pain that worsens the closer I get to my due date. The pain is caused by cartilage tearing away from bone, and it hurts to stand, to walk, to sit...basically it just hurts to do anything. I'm thankful for my doctor, who didn't just shrug this off as nothing. He has prescribed what pain meds he can, but unfortunately, he can't prescribe anything strong enough to take care of the pain...
Here's where I blame it on Taylor. My doctor suggested crutches if the pain gets too intense to put weight on my legs. Well, for the past three weekends, Taylor has had summer basketball tournaments with his new team, Skyview. Andy has been working, of course, so I've taken him to most of the games...and sitting on hard bleachers for hours at a time, and climbing up and down the bleachers (which I'm not supposed to be doing) has made it intolerable to walk. So today I got my crutches.
He has two more games tomorrow...and I won't be going to either one, I'm letting Andy take over. I only have to get through doing three sessions of speaking at the Regional Singles Conference tomorrow afternoon...and a wedding tomorrow evening, and then I'm done with my commitments and won't take any more on until I'm recovered from this baby.
On a side note, I really need to learn how to better decline commitments...and Taylor looks handsome in his new colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment