Sunday, June 15, 2014

If Not Field Trips...then Bakies

I started having regular contractions, and have felt the past week and a half like I usually do the week before my babies are born.  My doctor asked me what I'd been up to...I gave him a list of excursions I'd taken the kids on.  He just kind of raised his eyebrows, smirked...and said, "no more field trips...how about a nice trip to the movie theater instead...or the library.  It requires very little walking on your part."  hmm...
 
So this past week we've slowed down.  And Taylor has discovered that along with his sisters...he's a pretty decent "bakie" cook.   Here he is making us some yummy chocolate chip cookies.
 

And I have truly slowed down.  I didn't even police the dough like I usually do.  We only had enough to make two batches.  So glad no one got food poisoning. 
Maybe slowing down isn't such a bad thing.  Next I think I'll teach him how to bake bread, crock pot meals, or super nachos.

No comments: