One of the things I worried about the most with our building a new house and moving, was upsetting the friendships that my children had made. I was especially concerned with Taylor, who would be starting high school, and with Rachel who is in Middle School. I knew the elementary kids would have enough time to recover and get a good set of friends before entering the upper grades.
I shouldn't have worried. Both Rachel and Taylor have found great friends in their new schools, Rachel especially has been so excited and happy about the move and the new friendships she has made. And I have been so excited to see that they have both put forth the effort to keep and maintain the good friendships they had with their close friends in their previous schools.
Skyview played Columbia a couple of weeks ago, which meant that Taylor had to play basketball against his old team and old set of friends. He was really nervous going into the game, he didn't admit it or say anything, but I could tell that his nerves were on edge! It was a great game...Skyview won...Tay was happy about that...he was fierce and aggressive on the court...but I enjoyed how after the game as the two teams passed one another giving each other high fives, that Taylor and his old buddies were doing the shoulder hug thing that guys do.
And speaking of friendship...these two crack me up. Here is Taylor, and his good buddy, Mason, directly after their game. These two make me laugh all the time...
They both play post position...and I just laughed when I saw that they also have the same number. I couldn't resist, I had to take their picture. During the game, it was fun for me to see their little smirks at each other when they were lining up across from each other on a foul shot. These two are goofs.
Poor Mason he didn't want to put his jersey back on because it was sweaty. They were both whining at me for making them pose for a picture. But I did not relent.
These two have so much fun together at stake dances and other activities...I am anticipating some fun dating years...reminding Taylor that having one at each school will work to their advantage...they can introduce each other to all of the cute girls and have some group dates! I also look forward to seeing where these two get called to serve their missions, and to comparing stories with Mason's mom and laughing about the goofy things our boys do over the years.
So here they are...one tall and dark, the other tall and blond, one maroon and gold, the other navy and silver...one a Wildcat...the other...a Hawk...but none of that even matters because true friendship knows no boundaries.
No comments:
Post a Comment