Sunday, January 18, 2015

Potty Time...Almost!

Addyson was given a Minnie Mouse training toilet for her 2nd birthday last June.  She unwrapped it, had fun "flushing" it and hearing all the fun sounds that it made and even sat on it to read books.  However, when we tried to get her interested in actually using it to go potty...it was a complete failure.
 
That's okay.  No stress.  I've had enough children to have learned by now that each child has their own timeline...no matter what all the "experts" say and think.  In fact, I think most of the "experts" have never even had children...but that's between me, everyone who reads my blog...and the fencepost.  So we've just kept her cute toilet out in the open in our bathroom and I've waited for her to show some interest in it again.  The time has come!

I found her in the bathroom the other night with her favorite snuggly blanket sitting on her toilet singing.  What was she singing?  "Eight little monkeys jumping on the bed..."  What a cute, silly little girl!
I told her to smile...her reaction is typical Addyson.
 
Seriously Mom...I'm on the toilet...can't you give me any privacy?
 
And she had also smuggled in a pack of gum...and was enjoying that as well.  She must have been in there for at least 30 minutes.  Did she go potty?  Nope.  Maybe next time.

No comments: