Is there anything more exciting than a Kindergartener at their very first Christmas concert? Well, a few of those kids in the picture don't look too thrilled to be there...but my Lainah, she couldn't be more excited to finally be in the program rather than sitting and watching!
I had a hard time making it through Lainah's concert. She was just so cute and bubbly, and full of little girl excitement with her rosy cheeks that I couldn't help but think about that terrible week two years ago, when her little face and body were so listless and void of life. So there I was in the middle of her joyful concert, thinking of holding her in the hospital two years ago and praying that she would make it...praying that I would be able to bring my sweet little one home again. As my mind would go over all of the details of those terrible few days and nights, my eyes and ears were seeing and listening to this beautiful little girl singing and dancing with all of her little girl heart, and I was filled with gratitude that her life had been spared and that I was sitting enjoying her Kindergarten concert.
Crazy how the mind can take you places at the most random times.
Matthew also performed that night, and he just made me smile and chuckle over and over. Mr. Bradshaw, his music teacher told me that Matthew has a "signature head bob" that he does during class. I saw it at the concert, and it was hilarious. Whenever the music came on with a good beat...Matthew's head would start bobbing back and forth. Just a subtle little bob...what a cool dude.
And I think that any teacher who gets a group of 2nd grade boys to enjoy music and to do actions and dance while they sing deserves an award. These boys were awesome!
During the last song, the 1st graders and Kindergartners joined in...and as you can see, Lainah was still super animated! There wasn't anyone more bright or excited to be there that night!
Matthew loves second grade and really likes his teacher, Mrs. Weiskircher, who is standing right behind him in the red sweater. She gives out Boise State Football posters for good behavior, and Matthew has quite a collection growing down in his room. He even has a pair of orange pom poms that she gave him after the Fiesta Bowl. She is too cool, he loves her!
These two have always been buddies, ever since Lainah could crawl. Lainah really, really missed Matthew last year when he was in school every day all day and she was still at home. He is such a good big brother, and waves "hi" to her when he sees her in the lunchroom or in the hallways. For the past two years, Lainah would watch out the window for the bus to drop off "her guys" at the end of the day. Now, she's finally one of the "guys" and it's Addyson's turn to wait for "her guys" to come home from school.
I love these two so much...so glad that they can still be buddies, and that Lainah has such a great big brother to look out for her while she's away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment