I love family vacations. I love getting to spend an entire week with my husband and children alone and away from our day to day schedules. I love hearing my kids say things like, "hey do you remember on the beach when..." or "remember last year in California when..." Taking a yearly family vacation is something that I did as a kid, and I'm glad that it is a tradition that Andy and I have incorporated into our own family. I'm the planner, the one who chooses where we go, makes all the arrangements, and plans all the activities...and I find that even before we're unpacked from one vacation, my mind is already thinking ahead to where we would enjoy going next. Our world is an amazing place...there are so many places to see and things to do!
Today I found myself thinking a lot about last summer's Oregon Coast trip. I went through all of our pictures and chose some highlights.
| Brooklynn and the seafoam...beautiful! |
| Mom...trailguide extraordinaire! |
| Lainah's important phone call... |
| Lainah dragging seaweed...yuck! |
| Rachel finding jellyfish... |
| Tay being Lainah's "prince." |
| Addy hiding in the TV console |
| Daddy & Addy watching the sunset off our balcony |
| Matthew overcoming his fear of the water |
| Taylor auditioning for Baywatch... |
| driftwood fires on the beach |
| Addy's cute chubby baby legs! |
| What!?! Turn of the century lighthouses had thermostats? Who knew! |
| Sharing jokes with Rachel |
| hiking with these clowns |
| Eewww! Slimy Squishy Slugs! Everywhere! |
| Pretending we're on "Survivor" and realizing...nope...I'd rather have chowder. |
| Lainah braving the slug stick |
| Mom's closeup shot...a cool funnel web |
| Tay's closeup shot...somebody's litter |
| Sleepy Addy...snuggled on Andy's back |
| Finding a secret mystical Pirate's Cove...or so we imagined |
| touring lighthouses... |
| Finding primitive tiny people huts deep in the Oregon coastal forests... We had so much fun...can't wait to go back in a couple years! |
2 comments:
The next time you come out this way, let us know! We will meet up with you for one of your days or something. :)
(Great photos!!)
We will take you up on that Sariah! We would love to meet up with you guys!
Post a Comment