Here at the Thuernagle house, we like finding great reasons to hold a feast. Luckily for us...we have 8 birthdays to celebrate each year...plus all the Holidays, so we feast quite a bit of the time. I've never blogged about the prep...just shown pictures of the beautiful finished spread...but here goes. The making of a feast:
On the menu for this Easter: Ham, Party Potatoes, Jello Cups, Garden Salad, Green Bean Casserole, Challah Bread, Deviled Eggs, Holiday Punch, and for dessert...Strawberry Trifle. Yummm.
The girls helped me most of Saturday...I had them slicing strawberries and making the puddings for the trifle that I would put together on Sunday.
Brooklynn made the jello cups...on Sunday we topped them with whipped cream and a jelly bean!
I made the Challah Bread, and had a hard time keeping everyone from eating it Saturday night!
Lainah gathered the tulips from our yard to use in the table centerpiece...and Andy made the deviled eggs.
Taylor made the Holiday Punch...which is grape juice mixed with 7up. He had a hard time this year...it kept bubbling over...he had a big mess to clean up before we sat down to eat!
And after church, I cut up the Angel Food cake, and put together the trifle...chocolate pudding, strawberry Danish, fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and drizzled Hershey's syrup...this is an Easter favorite around here!
And here's part of the final spread! Yum...
Little Addy was ready to eat!
And here's everyone else! We usually bring out the china and silver but...I just knew that I wouldn't feel like washing dishes by hand afterwards...so we cheated. It's okay. The food was still scrumptious!
No comments:
Post a Comment