Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's An Art

Ahh....egg decorating.  Every year I look forward to it.  I've never outgrown that feeling of wonder as you put a plain white egg into dye and it comes out beautifully colored!  This year, I bought the regular dye kit, plus two different kinds, one a tie-dye egg kit, and another a glitter egg kit.  The kids had fun.
 
Rachey was working on her first tie-dye egg...

While Lainah was sponging on some color so she could glitter her egg...I love the concentration.

And Brooklynn getting into the action.

Matthew, instead of trying the new kits decided to  just go with the tried and true...he had a good time dipping his eggs into all the different colors...and so proud of his brown eggs.  Seriously...what a silly boy.

In the meantime, Tay had come home from his campout...to relax on the kitchen floor of course.

And Andy's CPR course must have worn him out as well...he zonked out in front of the stove.  Seeing him like this reminded me of my grandpa Orme, who would come in from doing chores and lay down in front of the fireplace near the kitchen and fall asleep on the rug.  In just that position.  Too funny.

It didn't take long for us to convince Tay to join in on the fun...he and I used the silly face stickers that came with one of the sets to make a few "minion" eggs from Despicable Me. 

Andy laughs...but each year I boil more and more eggs and say, "do you think that will be enough?" It's a good thing we like deviled eggs around here...that's all I have to say! 

No comments: