Thursday, February 6, 2014

You're Turning into a Granny!

I have recently taken up crocheting.  My grandmother is amazing at it...she can make just about anything with yarn and a crochet hook.  My mom can do it, and has made beautiful blankets over the years.  I'm left-handed and they are right-handed so I guess I let that get in my way.  A few weeks ago I just decided I was going to teach myself to do it so I went and bought a book, some yarn and a few hooks and away I went.  I actually really like it!  It's so relaxing to do it while I watch a movie or tv at night...and funny enough, I'm doing it right-handed. 
 
Matthew: Christmas Eve 2013
Well, trust my Matthew to notice my new skill and make a typical "Matthew comment" on it.  He took one look at the little blanket I'm working on, sighed, smiled a big huge Matthew grin and said, "uh Mom?  You're turning into a GRANNY!!!"  Now every time I pick up a crochet needle...I laugh...and then check the mirror to see if my hair is still brown.

No comments: