Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Love to See the Temple...

I'm Going There Someday...
 
Rachel had her first temple trip last Thursday evening, February 13th, 2014.  What an exciting night for us and for her! 

We have taught her ever since she was a toddler the primary song, "I Love To See the Temple," we've shown her pictures of the beautiful rooms inside the temple and have explained to her all of the beautiful, sacred, and wonderful things that we get to do inside the temple, including getting married for time and for all of eternity.  We took her and all of our children to the Boise Temple open house a couple of times and had some very special experiences as an entire family as we sat together in the Celestial Room.  My girls were invited into the bride's rooms and were able to stand in front of the mirrors to see what it feels like to be a "princess" bride in the temple.  They still talk about that experience. 

So for Rachel's whole life we've been talking about the temple, teaching her about it, and preparing her to enter.  On Thursday night it was so wonderful for both of us to be with her as she entered it for the first time and to spend that evening with her and with Taylor.  (Tay had already gone inside before we could grab him for a picture!) 

I'm so proud of her for so many things, too many to list...but I'm so thankful that she has chosen to keep herself worthy to enter the Lord's Holy house on the earth.   She is such a loving, beautiful girl.  She has a light that shines in her eyes, and I know that she truly is a Daughter of God.  This night gave me a little glimpse of how amazing it is going to be to be there with her on her wedding day.   

I look forward to the day when each of my children are able to join us there...when we can fulfill the promise we made to each other the night of the open house when we sat together in the Celestial room and promised that we would all join there again in a few years. 

"I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday. 
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. 
For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. 
I'll prepare myself while I am young.  This is my sacred duty. 
 
I love to see the temple.  I'll go inside someday. 
I'll covenant with my Father;  I'll promise to obey. 
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. 
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:  A family is forever."

( ~I Love To See the Temple, Primary Children's Songbook pg. 95)

No comments: