Friday, February 28, 2014

Moonrise


I was reminiscing the other night about last summer's Oregon coast vacation we took as a family, and about how much fun we had together...stress-free, schedule-free...watching whales from our balcony, spending entire days strolling along the beach looking for shells or flying kites, and sleeping with the balcony doors open so we could hear the waves through the whole night.  Ahh...so, so, so relaxing just to think about it.
 
So I dug up this picture.  My favorite night of vacation, was the night that Andy and I put the younger kids to bed...the older kids were all set watching a movie...so we took a moonlit stroll all by ourselves. 
 
It was so gorgeous, and so romantic.  We took a picture of the "moonrise" along the water. I loved how there was a moonlit path leading from the beach  all the way out until the water met the sky.  Simply gorgeous.
 
 
 
Other favorite moments of the trip...smooching on the beach in front of the kids. (Thank you Tay for documenting that even after 6 kids we're still very much in love.)

And roasting marshmallows over a driftwood fire on the beach...
 
My idea of a perfectly perfect vacation.

No comments: