Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Was that Supposed to Come Out?


Saturday night, we were watching the Olympics as a family.  Taylor was sitting in front of me on the floor and I could see that he was working on something in his mouth.  I just thought he was biting his nails, which is a nasty nervous habit of his...
Tay's molar.
A few seconds before I was going to tell him to "stop biting"...he popped a tooth out of his mouth.  He turns around and says, "hey!  Look guys!"  I was pretty shocked because I didn't even realize his tooth was loose.  Andy, however, was classic.  He calmly looked at him and said, "boy...I sure do hope that one was supposed to come out."  Poor Tay looked pretty worried until Andy cracked a smile at which point we all laughed.  He even had me going this time.  What a stinker!

The next afternoon, I was getting dinner ready...and noticed this same yucky-looking molar sitting on top of my microwave.  Yuck!!!  I told Tay to remove his icky tooth and put it under his pillow like normal people.  He just grinned and said, "I wanted to make sure the tooth fairy noticed this one."  Sheesh.  I pointed out that this one had a small cavity in it...so it's value was void.  So there.  I've picked up a few things by being the wife of a dentist. 

No comments: