Friday, February 6, 2015

Extractions

Rachel has had a few teeth that have needed to come out for a while.  In fact, two of her adult teeth were bulging on the side of her upper gums.  They couldn't come down because of these little baby stragglers.  Well, on December 23rd, 2 days before Christmas, Andy wanted to take her down to the office and extract them.  I usually do not question anything dental-related, however, this time I put my foot down and told him no way! 
 
I asked him to please wait until AFTER Christmas so that Rachel could enjoy eating our Christmas Dinner feast.  He laughed and said that he hadn't even thought about THAT part of extracting her teeth.  Seriously.  Too funny.
 
So a few days after our feasting...we had a dental procedure in the kitchen.

She was very brave.  She hates needles, and needed me to hold her hand, but she did it.

Check out the roots on that baby!  Holy Cow!  That tooth wasn't going anywhere on its own!

and here's the post Christmas lineup...
Now her adult teeth can come DOWN instead of out the side...and Rachel's super excited to finally be getting all of her adult teeth in because then she can finally get her spacer retainer out and then have braces.  Her retainer makes her have a lisp and makes it really hard to sing and enunciate well.  I miss the way my Rachel really sounds!
 


No comments: