Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Birthday Pancakes

Lainah has full day Kindergarten, every other day, and she was so lucky to have her birthday fall on an "off" day!  So we invited one of her little friends to come over bright and early and spend the morning with her!

To start their day off right...I made them pink pancakes with sprinkles in them.  While I was making breakfast, these two were already digging into the dressup bin...here we have a ballerina princess with rapunzel braid...and princess Anna all ready for the ball.

I'm not quite sure how their Kindergarten teacher keeps them on task during the day...but they sure are a fun little pair.

Emma thought so too.  They kept her very entertained throughout the morning.

Here they were doing their sad faces...

And surprised faces...

And scared faces.  Can you say, "SUGAR RUSH!?!"

After breakfast and while they played...I baked cupcakes for them to frost.  I found watermelon flavored cake mix, and watermelon flavored frosting.  Too cute, I couldn't resist.  They had a lot of fun decorating.  Addy had her own little bowl of frosting, and just kept frosting the same cupcake over and over again.

They were very good...they waited until they were all done frosting to lick their knives.  Yumm...

Addy just kept going back for more frosting.  She thought this morning was amazing...pancakes with sprinkles and then cupcakes!?!

Lainah's little friend brought her this homemade card.  I thought it was the sweetest thing ever, and had to take a picture of it.  I'm so glad that Lainah has such a sweet friend.

After family swimming and the daddy daughter dance on Saturday, cake and presents on Sunday...and then having her friend come spend the morning with her on her birthday...I'd say that this little six year old had a very full and happy 6th year celebration!
We love you Lainah Lorraine!!! 
May this next year be full of new adventures and sweet memories!

No comments: