Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Little Bit of Sun in Cleveland



Here in Cleveland, the sun gets very shy around mid-October and has a hard time showing it's pretty shining face until Mid-March, Aprilish. When we moved here, I had heard about the "hard winters" that Cleveland has. Our first winter, I thought, "WHAT?!? These people are crazy!" The temps are mild for winter, and not much snow compared to where I'm from. This is our third winter here, and I still say that the temps are very mild compared to Idaho, and as for snowfall...sure, it puts it down pretty fast at times, but it usually melts off within a few days so it's no big deal. The thing that really gets me though, is the lack of sunshine. Give me those cold, crisp winter days in Idaho where it's so cold that it burns your nose when you breathe...give me those days anytime, because with them comes the bright sunshine as well.

Well, in light (or lack of) of our dreary winter months, our Primary Presidency had a brilliant idea to have our winter primary activity a summer theme. The kids were told to wear their shorts, t-shirts, swimsuits, sun glasses...whatever! It was great, the kids loved it...they all wore their swimsuits, and I even dug out my capris and espadrilles for the occasion. Thanks Mayfield ward Primary! You're awesome!

3 comments:

Ammieloris said...

What a good idea! The silly Rach pics, the summer clothes, and the surfer monkey brought a little sunshine to my day!

Haley said...

What a fun idea, too bad we don't have any problems with the sun not showing here in St. George. Hate to brag, but it's going to be in the low 70s this weekend... we don't miss the long Cleveland winters!

Sherrie said...

Yes, our primary has some great ideas, don't they. :) Okay Haley...can I come for a visit? :) Sun and 70 degrees sounds pretty good to me. :)