Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's Out!


Taylor has reached yet another milestone in his life. He lost his first tooth last Sunday, the 3rd of February! It has been very loose for a couple of weeks, and Tay has been so excited for it to come out so that he could leave it under his pillow for the tooth fairy. Well, I came upstairs and found him and Andy in the office conspiring...apparently Andy was excited for it to come out as well. He put some baby orajel on Tay's gum to numb it up a bit (nice gesture), and then pulled it out. WHATEVER! I am a "let it come out on it's own" type of person, I never let my dad touch my teeth, I worked them out on my own...so I had to leave the room. But the boys were very happy. :) I told Andy that if he was that excited about pulling teeth, he should just put in a few hours down at the free clinic...there are lots of extractions down there. :)



And here he is, as proud as can be. We told him that because his tooth didn't have any cavities, that the tooth fairy might give him a little extra, so he was elated.

I gave him a little bag to put his tooth in and told him to keep it safe under his pillow that night. Well...in the middle of the night when the lovely tooth fairy came tiptoeing into his room to make the exchange...she found that not only was the bag safely under his pillow, but that his fist was tightly gripping it as well. There was no way anybody was going to steal his tooth!

Lucky for him that our tooth fairy is so very talented. :) It took a great deal of stealth, and stifling of giggles (fairies laugh too much I think) and a couple moments of stopping in the middle of the exchange to hold her breath and keep absolutely still...but she finally did it. A new tooth for 50 cents.

TAY'S THOUGHTS ON LOSING TEETH


2 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

Way to go Taylor! And snaps to Dr. Daddy dentist....looks like fun guys. love Aunt Kate

Oliver and Keisha said...

Congrats Taylor! We love the Tooth Fairy in our home--Aubrey keeps trying to wiggle more teeth loose.