Thursday, February 21, 2008

Your name is what?

So, living in Ohio during election times can get pretty interesting. Out in Idaho, I never had a presidential candidate call me on the phone.

Last night after dinner, the phone rings and I answer it. This is what I hear. "Hello, this is Hilary Clinton"...then a long pause. "WHAT??" (so, I don't say this out loud, but during that split second pause my brain goes into overdrive. ) This is the thought process: Hilary Clinton calling me? Why would she call me, I don't even like her. Well, whatever she has to say, it's not going to effect my vote. I'm too busy to talk to some stupid poll person posing as Hilary Clinton. Gosh, living in Ohio is so annoying, leave me alone!

Then, the message continues, "I'm calling you because ...blah blah, blah blah blah blah...." (brain says: duh. it's a message.)

Tonight after dinner, the phone rings. I answer it. This time...yes, you guessed it. It's Obama! But, of course, now I'm an old pro at these campaign messages and my brain just shuts off. What does this say about my political prowess??

Tomorrow, if McCain doesn't call me, I'm going to be SO ticked off.

2 comments:

Oliver and Keisha said...

HEY, SHERRIE--ITS A LITTLE LATE TO BE POSTING--CAN YOU NOT SLEEP? ME EITHER. I HATE GOING TO BED WHEN OLIVER IS NOT HERE. THERE ARE ALWAYS MORE NOISES. :)

Sherrie said...

Gee whiz Keisha, go to bed already! :) I actually had a bad headache last night and took some excedrin with a Dr. Pepper to get rid of it. Wired. Couldn't sleep for a while. But, no headache!