Sunday, October 12, 2014

Student of the Month!

Rachel has completely immersed herself into her new school.  She has smiled when she's been afraid and felt like crying, and as a result has met many new friends and has grown into an even more beautiful girl.  She tried out for the very competitive South Volleyball team her very first week of school, and made first cuts but didn't make it through the final cuts.  She was devastated...but picked herself back up and the very next week tried out for a part in the school play and the school musical.  She landed parts in each...including a lead role in the musical! 
She has been working hard in each of her classes...and her next endeavor is cheerleading or girls' basketball...she hasn't decided which.  She is an amazing girl, and I love her and admire her so much.  She was awarded "Student of the Month" last month, and we were so proud of her.  I think the funniest comment was from Taylor who congratulated her and then said, "hmm...I don't think I've ever been awarded Student of the Month...how'd you do that!?!" 
 
Way to go Rachey!  So proud of your hard work!

No comments: