The first day of school this year was an especially exciting one for our family!
All of our kids started new schools due to the new house being built.
Taylor started high school...wait, what!?!
Rachel is a 7th grader at South...
Here they are, that very first morning ready to leave the house at 7 am...Rachel was so nervous, she told me she was worried about not having Taylor at the same school as her, and no younger siblings either. This was the first year she would be in a school all by herself. Well, they both did great and are now loving it!
Brooklynn started her very last year of Elementary school! She is a 5th grader and next year will join Rachel at South! Matthew is a 2nd grader, and they both love their new school, Lakeridge Elementary.
And this year was a huge one for Lainah...she started Kindergarten! Here she is on the morning of orientation...she was SO cute and excited! She was a tiny bit worried until I told her that I would stay with her for the whole time and then bring her home with me...then it was all excitement!
And here she is the following day on her first full day of school. I could tell she was a little nervous, but she was brave and at the end of the day was so excited to tell me all about it!
There she is, turning to give me one last wave...I was brave too and didn't even cry...
Until I got into my car...and then I let my heart break and I cried and cried and cried. I have loved having Lainah with me at home. I didn't even send her off to preschool, I taught her myself, because I wanted to enjoy every single second of having her all to myself without outside influence. We're into school almost an entire quarter...and I miss her. I miss all of my kiddos when they're gone. It's a good thing I have Addy and Emma to keep me company!
No comments:
Post a Comment