Monday, December 29, 2008

Rachel Turns Seven!

I am way behind on some of these posts...but December becomes a blur right around the 15th...Rachel's birthday!

Rachey wanted an ice cream cake this year for her birthday...and thanks to an awesome and talented friend of mine (thanks Sarah!) I was able to make her one. It's a chocolate cake with strawberry ice cream and chopped up M&Ms for filling, then frosted with softened strawberry ice cream. Then I used the canned whipped cream for the borders and the hard shell topping for the writing. Yummy. We all loved it, I think it will become a tradition.

Rachey is seven years old now, and we all love her so much. She constantly amazes me with her talents and abilities. Just when I think I really realize how amazing she is...she comes up with a new way to surprise me. I'm thankful that she is one of my little girls.

Rachel has been busy this year...she started spring baseball in April, and had an awesome season. She played first base a lot, and with her purple bat and pink helmet...she really showed the boys who was the boss of the diamond. Of course, she was all decked out with her bracelets, braids and ribbons as well. She is so spunky.

She loved our trip out to Idaho this summer, where she tried to spend every moment possible on top of grandma and grandpa's horses. She got so good at riding, that grandpa let her go out into the pasture alone. She is so brave.

She started the 1st grade this year at Noble Elementary School with Ms. Shramo as her teacher. Our family loves Ms. Shramo (she was Taylor's 1st grade teacher too) and Rachey was SO excited to get her. Rachey is in the gifted program, is the top reader in her class, reading well above grade level, and continues to earn an "Outstanding" in gym class. She is so bright and fun!

I also started teaching her piano lessons in September, and she is already nearly finished with the first level of her method books. She is very talented musically, and is very careful and methodical about her practicing. I predict that she will go far with it.

But most of all, she continues to be kind and caring...sort of a little mother figure to her younger siblings. Although Brooklynn knows just how to get under her skin...she is wonderful with little Matthew and I'm looking forward to watching her with her new baby sister who will arrive in just a few weeks! She is such a sweetheart!

Happy 7th Birthday Rachey!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a big girl. We loved seeing her on her trip to Idaho. Sherrie you have been very busy. Thanks for sharing your projects. Just one question. How much did you cut/sew on the corner for the bag? Emily B PS No anonymous comments on your project blog so I had to post the question here.

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

I am glad she had a good birthday! That cake sounds delicious! I will have to get that recipe from you. Give her a big hug from us!!

elizabeth said...

I love that picture of her in the flowers, tell her we said Happy Birthday :D

Holly said...

How fun! You are such a sweet mom, what a special blog post for her. I remember my mom always writing me letters on my many qualities, I have kept them and one day that will be special to her as well. I too love the picture of her in the flowers, so pretty! Happy Birthday to the birthday girl...

Perfectly Imperfect said...

No scary way!

Taunalee said...

wow! she has changed so much! She's gorgeous!