Monday, December 15, 2008

Deck The Halls...

Since this will be our last Christmas in our little Cleveland house...I thought I'd take some pictures of how it looked at Christmas. Matthew was my big decorations helper this year, since the other three were at school. He would get so excited with each box that I opened. He especially likes my little snowman village, and I'm having a hard time keeping his curious little fingers away!

Also, this year I decided not to donate my nativities to the Kirtland exhibit...I just couldn't when I learned that we wouldn't be getting them back until after Christmas! So, I decided that the most important place for my nativities was in my own home for my children to look at everyday...and that's where they stayed. I am so glad I did keep them here. Matthew loves the little wooden set from Jerusalem, and will bring baby Jesus to me and say "baby Jeje." The first night I had it up, I thought I had Matthew down in bed, when I heard the little pitter patter of his feet booking it at mock 10 from his room to the living room...a short pause, and then mock 10 back to his bedroom. I went in to check on him and see what he had been up to, and found him curled up with baby Jesus. It was so sweet and funny.

One of my favorite displays is the nativity on the piano. I love Willow Tree figurines, and started collecting them a few years ago. I was so excited to get these first pieces to the nativity set last year for Christmas! The piano is also where I display all of the Christmas cards from family and friends...when I first put up the decorations it was empty...but it's already starting to fill up!
I made these funny little rustic Santas the 2nd year that Andy and I were married. I still think they're hilarious for some reason. My favorite is the skier Santa. He reminds me of myself during my first season of skiing.

And, I have to get pictures of Brooklynn and Matthew taken so that I can display them along with this little sign. Every time I pass this sign and see Rachel and Taylor's unsmiling faces it just cracks me up.

Two years ago, I painted these little angels to display on the piano. I had a lot of fun in the evenings doing this little project...after I was all done with the painting, I sprayed them with a gold shimmery glitter paint so now when we have the lights dimmed with the tree lights on, these little angels just glimmer. I love it.


Ahh...there's something magical about decorating your home for Christmas!

4 comments:

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

Your house looks great! I love the decorations, especially the angels that you painted....really cute!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I am glad you took pictures - you will always be glad too! It is hard to believe that it has been four years. Do you remember when you were setting out on this adventure and it seemed so long? Crazy how fast it goes and how much you get to see and do that you wouldn't otherwise have ever seen or done. I miss the east - but I LOVE the west!

Ammieloris said...

I love the Santas you made, and the snowman village, and the
define nice" sign, and ... it's all great! Fun stuff!

Lexie said...

So fun to have a little peek into your home at this festive time of year. I love the serious looks by the "define good" sign, so classic!