Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brooklynn's Winter Concert

Brooklynn is in preschool this year, and on Thursday night we had her "Winter Concert." So, the Cleveland Heights schools don't do "Christmas" anything. The word "Christmas" is taboo, and I find it pretty annoying. My kids learn all about Jewish Holidays, some African holiday called Kwanzaa...but they're not allowed to talk about or sing about Christmas. So...when you're a room mom out here, you have to plan a "Winter Party" and keep it generic so as not to offend the various interest groups, etc, etc. And...the kids don't have Christmas programs, they have Winter Concerts.


Okay, so I got off my topic in a hurry, didn't I! We had Brooklynn's Winter Concert on Thursday, and she was so cute. She was so excited to go on stage! No stage fright for her! That's all she could talk about for about a week before!



Here she is in our living room right before we left.

And here she is in the hallway outside of the auditorium. She had been giving Andy a tour of her school, and was so proud of it.


After the kids sang, they had the cafeteria set up with cookies to decorate. Our kids liked that a lot. It was a fun night...and even though no real winter songs were sung...it was just nice to watch little Brooklynn being up on stage and enjoying herself. I guess that's what its all about anyway!




They sang two songs, "I Am Special" and what Brooklynn calls "The Big Fat Snowman". I'm not sure what the real name of the song is. She was so cute, she was in the center of the stage on the second row, and I could hear her voice really clearly. She did all of the actions and looked like she was really enjoying herself.

4 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

That is so ridiculous that they don't celebrate the christmas holiday. Well, your little Brooklynn is so adorable. She looks all grown up with her hair all done up and in that pretty dress. I bet you were one proud mama. :)

skidentist said...

Sherrie Leighanna and I are quite offended that we did not get an invite to Brooklyns "Winter Concert," I mean after all we are the baby sitters, I don't know if we can ever forgive you. Your kids are just too cute.

kirstensblog said...

It amazes me how much Brooklyn looks like our little Kara Joy. Everytime I am on this site, somebody here says, wow she (Brooklyn) looks like Kara!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

I can't believe how grown up she is!! She is quite the little lady with her hair all fancy!! Cute...Cute! So....Happy Winter I guess!!!:)