It is made entirely from scrap fabric that I've accumulated over the years from old formals to old curtain sheers that I didn't like anymore.
It was a fun project, and seemed to fit her personality really well...cute and spunky.
I spent a couple of nights sewing the beads onto her costume...it was really fun and she was really proud of it.
Andy and I pulled out our Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes...and won the "cutest couple" award. I think that Andy should win the "bravest man" award when he wears that costume...he's a good sport.
He quickly grabbed a golf ball from the miniature golf game, and a marker and got busy creating.
October must be a busy month. Brooklynn zonked out on our way TO the hayrides.
The kids also did a haunted hay maze. Taylor went through it a bunch of times. The girls were pretty much done with it after the first time through.
Andy and Rachey were having fun with the scarecrow.
For Brooklynn's preschool class, she was supposed to dress up as a community helper.
She wanted to dress up as a Veternarian. Here she is complete with cat carrier...which actually had her stuffed horse in it.
When the kids came home from school on Halloween, the first thing they did was to gather in the kitchen to show and share their prizes from class parties.
Then I let them get started on our giant pumpkin.
They all took turns reaching in and getting the goop out.
Rachey had pumpkin seeds and yucky sticky pumpkin innards up to her elbows.And the pumpkin was so big, that we did a couple of different designs on it. 
Taylor chose to do a bat for his side.
And this is the 2nd year now that we've had our Halloween Dinner.
This year we had eyeball stew (tomato soup with tortellinis), tarantula teasers (ritz crackers w/ peanut butter), mummy fingers (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls), bleeding brains (spaghetti squash with red butter), and bug juice (lemonade, strawberry punch with raisins and gummy worms). 

The kids love this tradition and are amazingly willing to help with dinner on this day. We took the kids Trick or Treating...and wore Matthew right out.
Our little Peter Pan went straight to bed.
While the rest of us went downstairs to have a Halloween Wii Tournament.
We had to break in Andy's birthday present, which was the new game Outdoor Challenge.

Everyone loves it...and after we sorted through the kids' candy we had plenty to snack on while burning those sugar calories!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
9 comments:
I love your food tradition--it sounds like a lot of work, though! Fun pictures and great costumes. I also love the shirt you (Sherrie) are wearing in the wii pic.
What a great post. Looks like you guys have been having some fun! All the kids looked great in their costumes and it sounds like you all had a good Halloween.
How fun and creative are you!?!? sheesh! Looks like you guys keep busy as a family and have tons of fun together! You guys are awesome and are such great examples!! :)
Your kids are growing up so fast and are so incredibly beautiful! :)
Love the halloween costumes!! You are always so creative in that department...well most departments:) I am pretty jealous of your wii!!
I love your dinner, you do so many fun things. It will be so fun to see your kids share those traditiond with their kids some day! Love the costumes. You are truly amazing!
Yum! Will you pass the eyeballs, please?
October is such a fun month. The costumes look great!
Wow what the Halloween. Looks like you had a great time. Love the costumes by the way.
Post a Comment