Friday, November 14, 2008

One Way to Get a Handle on Things

So, I get up and do my girls' hair for them each morning. I carefully comb through the tangles (they refuse to wear their hair in braids during the night...which would completely alleviate this problem!) but no matter how careful I am, I always hear these exclamations.



"Ouch!"
"Owwie!"
"Mommy!"
"That's too tight!"
"That pulls!"


I have always felt kind of bad about it all...thinking that I need to find a way to be a little more gentle or something. Until I saw this picture that Andy had snapped of our Rachey while she was busy doing her doll's hair.

Now for some reason, I don't feel all that bad about my own techniques.

Andy and I feel bad already for our future grand-daughters.

10 comments:

Oliver and Keisha said...

we have discovered the great product of Nexus Conditioner--and I guess if you mix the conditioner and water together in a spray bottle, it helps for the morning.
I like how she's using her toes. Do you think she'll let you do that to her? :)

Kristen said...

I remember the years of No More Tangles. Shudders still go down my spine when I think of it. I think I've seen her technique in some salons.

Mohna said...

So the next time she yells "OW!" maybe you can suggest her technique. How funny!

Steve and Katie said...

cute picture. She is really concentrating...I feel for the doll but I honestly with I had extra hand when I am trying to do Abby's hair, she is a wiggle worm!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Brilliant way to braid hair! Your grand-daughters will love having their hair done by someone who has been practicing for so long.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Hey..whatever you gotta do to get that dolls hair done, I say go for it!!! Hee! Hee! That is super funny!! She is quite inventive....and flexible!

The Beecrofts said...

This is hilarious- and very clever. :-)You're gonna have to watch out when she gets older...

thekerrclan said...

Too cute. I bet she can move vacuum cords with her toes as well.

Anna Rhodes said...

That is so funny. That kind of talent must run in the family. Are you sure she didn't learn that from Andy?

elizabeth said...

haha!! thats awesome!