Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Summer Bubbles

Isn't Spring beautiful here in Cleveland? Spring and Fall are a tie for me in this area. I love them both. I love Spring because during the day it's the perfect temp, sunny, not so humid, and then it cools down at night so I can sleep nice and comfortable! I LOVE all of the flowers and trees that are in blossom! Then we have fall...I love fall because during the day the temps are perfect, the humidity goes down, and again at night it cools off making it easy to sleep well. And I LOVE all of the trees turning colors...there's a huge maple at the end of our block that turns a beautiful deep red...it's my favorite.

What does any of that have to do with this post's title? Absolutely nothing. I was just rambling.

But for some reason this morning I woke up remembering the funniest day last summer. It was the end of August, and I was getting ready to put our swimming pool up for the year, so it needed to be cleaned and scrubbed. Andy told me he'd take charge of cleaning the pool. WOW! Gladly, I gave him the go ahead on that project. What did he do? He simply called for our three older kids, gave them an entire bottle (new) of dishsoap with three big sponges, and told them to go clean the pool. Um...I think that's the most fun they had in the pool all year. Andy and I were watching from the window as suds would go flying, kids sliding everywhere. They used the entire bottle of dishsoap, and the pool actually did get squeaky clean in the end...so did the kids I think. At least, they smelled like Palmolive for a few days...


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Don't you just love it when work is fun????

D.Suth. said...

I remember when Eric and I helped at a car wash for the Boys and Girls Club which turned out to be so much fun!

I might have to clean your pool for you next year.... not really though. Don't take me up on that.