Monday, April 14, 2008

Dejavu

Okay. We've all experienced it before. That moment in our life that somehow we've already experienced. We're walking down the sidewalk and see that person whom we know we've seen somewhere before...we go to the store, stand in the check-out line only to have someone say something to us, or have something happen and we get that eery feeling that tells us....this has happened to me before...

But...have you ever met Dejavu? I know, Dejavu is NOT a person, it's a word that desribes that illusion of remembering something that has never really happened to you before. Well, what would you do if you actually ran into Dejavu?

Andy did. Yes, he did. He met Dejavu. Not in the store, not in a weird dark alley...nope. He met her in the dental clinic. Yep. No kidding. He met "Daisha'vu". Try that one on for size...imagine trying to check in a person by that name. With a straight face.

So, I can't get into details because I guess what I've already shared is against some ridiculous school rules...but they (the details) are pretty funny and I laughed and laughed about it all. Apparently, a lot of people that day thought that Andy was kidding when he introduced this person to certain clinic personnel, and he had to convince them that he was, in fact, very serious.

For those of you who live in the area...you'll know that names like "Daisha'vu" are really not all that strange...they're just part of the culture. So, Andy and I came up with a few of our own.

Fa'reele
Fa'shur
Ya'think
Ida'noe
Down'wit
Akx'yue
Sho'nuf

I challenge each reader of this post to come up with at least ONE more name to add to this list!

9 comments:

H.Cook said...

I taught a girl last year whose name was "Sunshynne'Moon". That was her entire first name. I asked her if I could just call her "Sunshine" and she said NO, you have to call me by my full first name! Crazy! There was another girl whose mom named her "Placenta" b/c when she was giving birth, she thought it was the most beautiful word. How unfortunate. I would get it changed.

RaEStoCo said...

Placenta??? That's terrible. She obviously didn't know what it was. Poor child. One of my neighbors works with someone who named her child Abcde (yep, the first five letter of the alphabet.) Crazy parents!

RaEStoCo said...

Oh, bytheway, I want to be included when you go private please. :)

Cannon Clan said...

hey that is so funny! we miss all those crazy names. include me on your going private list and maybe on the kirtland stake YW would love to see that! miss working with you all soooo bad!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

I once had a patient named Stormy Winterbottom! I also had a friend in High School whos dads name was Hugh Munns! The daughter of a lady that I used to work with just got married to a guy whos last name is Butt. No joke! The really funny thing is that she is going to be a 1st grade teacher! Can you imagine if your child came home and said that their teacher was Mrs. Butt?

Kristen said...

The names are a little crazy around here but it's the spellings that get me. When I work in the boys classes it always takes me a while to get the prounciation correct.

Ashlee and Shane said...

Hahaha...oh my goodness. Placenta? hahaha...i don'tknow why i find that so funny, but i am dying right now. :)Stormy Winterbottom? Holy cow...how do these people have the nerve to give their kids names like these?! I know a cool family whose last name is 'Ball' and they named their son Cannon....Cannon Ball. :)

Dave and Loralee said...

AAAGGHGHHH!!! I'm DYING! That is so dang funny. And PLACENTA? These people just really shouldn't be allowed to procreate and pass along their genes. Sherrie-before we leave we need to make a book of all things "Cleveland", and those names will be included :)

Lexie said...

I love the names, I have to admit they make me miss Cleveland. By the way, I want to be included when you go private, thanks!