Thursday, April 24, 2008

High Maintenance

We got our cat, Zippy, aka "Sir Zip" nearly two years ago and he has fast become a permanent member of our household. The kids all love him, but Rachey has a special soft spot for the feline.
When he was a tiny kitten, she would get his kitty bed and put it onto the foot of her bed and snuggle him up in his little blanket. Well, it didn't take Sir Zip long to figure out that her bed and her blankets and her pillows were much better than his. So...the cat bed has long since been tossed onto the tree lawn (if you're wondering what a tree lawn is...be looking for mine and Loralee's book entitled "All Things Cleveland").
Since Zippy's transition into a "big kitty bed", he has tried without success to claim a spot on both Taylor and Brooklynn's beds as well. He long ago gave up on Taylor's bed. Taylor kicks. Not nice. So, he tried Brooklynn's bed, only to find that she is the real life princess in "The Princess and the Pea" fairytale, and he is the real life "pea." The second he jumps onto her bed you can hear "NO ZIPPY!" The shrill yell is accompanied with a series of well-placed kicks, punches and out of control wriggles under the covers--Zippy quickly jumps down.
So, Zippy knows his place...


Last night I was up late doing some painting and I went in to check on the girls before I went to bed, only to find this...

Seriously...felines are so high maintenance.

6 comments:

Oliver and Keisha said...

how cute--Aubrey wishes that we had a cat, and that it will do that with her. We told her we would get one when we moved, but Oliver isn't in for an indoor cat. So, no cat snuggles for Aubrey.
Are you really wrting a book?

David and Melissa Belnap said...

I agree that felines are high maintenance. Today, Mayce is getting his teeth cleaned!

Sherrie said...

We weren't in for an indoor cat either...how did that happen? :) The book...hmm...started as a joke between a friend and I...but it might be a need to happen thing.

Kristen said...

Well as long as everyone knows there place. When do you think the cat will push Rachy out???

thekerrclan said...

That is sweet. We used to have a cat that tried to come into the bedroom...but given that he was nocturnal - -I ALWAYS kicked him out. A girl needs her sleep.

Lance and Caetie said...

I miss tree lawns!!!!