Last week we were able to go on our Great Wolf Lodge trip. It was awesome, a great time away from schedules and responsibilities! Our older three kids had waited a long time for this trip. We went our very first year out here during Andy's spring break, and we all loved it so much that we decided we would go every year. Well, Matthew was born last March...and going to a waterpark with a newborn wasn't really my idea of a vacation...so it had to wait until this year.
It was worth the wait. Tay and Rachey stayed together the entire time, racing from slide to slide. They were so fun to watch. Andy and I took turns playing with Matthew and Brooklynn on the smaller slides and racing the older two on the big slides. Then every so often we would all take a break and float around the lazy river. Well, Andy and I would float with Matthew and Brooklynn, while Taylor and Rachel would pull us around.
We took a dinner break, and then after an hour went back down to the waterpark to swim again. While Andy played with the older three, Matthew and I floated around and around and around the lazy river. Ahh....now that's what I call relaxation. He fell asleep, and I was pretty close to it. So, when 10:00 rolled around, we put the kids to bed. The greatest thing about Great Wolf, is that it completely drains my high energy children. When they hit the pillow, it is instant sleep. And not just a light snooze...but a deep, heavy, not going to wake-up if you yell "ice cream!" sleep...which gives mom and dad alone time to order out and watch a movie. Nice. When can we go back???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That looks like so much fun! What a great spring break!
Isn't the Great Wolf Lodge the best? Our girls still talk about it from last year. I'm impressed that your kids sleep so well there, ours are so excited it takes quite awhile to settle down! Maybe next year we'll all go together!
Hi Sherrie! I was checking our your blog and loved seeing the Great Wolf Lodge. It seems like forever ago since we went. I guess we did move 2 years ago. Wow time flies. Well it's fun to see your cute kids.
Looks like you had a great time. That place is so fun. Love the slide show. By the way how did you get it so the "slide" and "make your own" words didn't show up on the bottom of the slide?
How Fun!! I want to go somewhere fun like that. We missed our yearly California trip this year, but next year we are there!!!
Thanks everyone, GWL is an awesome place for families. We love it! Anna, all I do is when I'm in the publishing mode, I click on the icons and delete them individually. Once you publish, if you click on them the links will take you to the website, so you have to do it while in publish mode. :) I hope that helps!
thanks
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I really wanted to go this year, but we couldn't do it this time. Hopefully next year!! :)
Post a Comment