Friday, March 14, 2008

A Little Motivation

Cross-stitching has been one of my favorite crafty hobbies for a long time and I'm currently working on another wall-sized creation for our living room. (Audrey, Katie, and Kyla...you'll remember it from our temple trip a few months ago!) Anyway, the wall-sized pieces get a bit tedious and sometimes it's just nice to finish something quickly, so I made these little bookmarks for Taylor and Rachel. They were fun, and it only took a few days to complete both projects. The best thing, is that my two little bookworms are now reading even more furiously than before because they each have their very own special bookmark.

A ballerina for our little dancing princess...

And...a dinosaur for Taylor, who is currently reading a book entitled "Megalosaurus." Go figure.

6 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Hey Sher! Cute bookmarks! Also, you go girl on the Editors Note! Please don't read mine to closely! I like to say I am a BI in English (Big Idiot!) English was not my strong point! Don't count on me to find the oopsies in your blog!

Kristen said...

Sherrie....I'm so impressed that you have time to cross stich. I haven't even attempted since my boys have been born. It always takes me to long to figure out where I stoped, what I'm doing, and how I'm doing it. By that time the kids need me.

Ty and Sandra Belnap said...

Matthew the man!!! He is a beautiful boy! I definitly have to do something about our blog. All you guys are doing such a great job!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Belnap

Mohna said...

Love the bookmarks! Okay so I've been thinking a lot about doing a crosstich lately and I think you just motivated me to get going on one. Thanks!!

thekerrclan said...

Cute! I am impressed that you can start and finish anything AT ALL with 4 kids! Let alone in a couple of days. YOU are amazing...what does it say if I can't find the word that is spelled wrong? I need to go back to school?!? (Ahhh...remember when those days seemed busy? It was all about US!)

The Beecrofts said...

I do remember your LITTLE project. I am so impressed that you have the patience to put something so beautiful together with such small, careful stitches!
Just another great example that great things take work!