It is so interesting the way different types of weather bring out the best, or worst, or the strangest parts of people. Snow is a wonderful way to bring out the quirkiness (is that a word?) of people...and we thoroughly enjoyed our being snowed in here in Cleveland.
Unlike our old neighborhood in Idaho, where at the least hint of snow the neighbors would be out with their huge tractors with full plows, ready to play and wreak havoc with gutters and sidewalks, here in our little Cleveland Heights neighborhood...people tend to go at it a little differently. Sure, you get the occasional snowblower, the occasional pickup truck with a little plow in the front with a driver who couldn't make a straight shot into a driveway if it was 200 feet wide with yellow flags lining the edges, and you know? You even get a few people who just go out and grit their teeth and use a ..... what is that?? A SNOW SHOVEL!!! Whoa!
But...this video is dedicated to those of us who think outside the box...who put a little imagination into the everyday...who...if nothing else...provide some great entertainment for the neighbors on a day when there's nothing much else to do but gawk out the window at everyone else. House number 3809? This is for you....
Just a sidenote: After the gawking...we really did go out and help...
9 comments:
Very fun video! I don't know if "enjoyed" is the right word, but I guess I've "enjoyed" listening to my neighbors squeal their tires around and around, while their cars sat motionless, as they tried to drive out of and into driveways they haven't even tried to shovel. I also was impressed at the marital stability of one neighbor who sat in her car directing her husband to shovel out their drive after the worst of the storm on Saturday. He asked, "What do you want me to do?" and she said, "That. Do that." I think that meant, "I can't say that I want you to shovel for 20 minutes to make me a way to get back into our garage while I sit in the car, because that would sound selfish. But you know what I want, so do it anyway." So far, though, my neighborhood is pretty boring, because I haven't seen any buckets!
That looks like a lot of snow--glad that ours is melting, although, I;m sure that more will come. Being snowed in is fun for a day or so--being forced to not have to run errands is great!!
lol- that was funny. I love it!
we are guilty of watching people do funny things in the parking lot out our window too... :p I loved your narration, I can't believe he was using a BUCKET!
Are you guys peeping toms? Ha ha! Just kidding...you can't help but be fascinated by it all, huh? We watched our neighbor snowblow his driveway 4 times on Saturday...and kept thinking, "wow - -he must really want to keep it clean." Later, we realized it was because they were expecting company...and out of kindness...he wanted them to be able to get into the driveway. Don't you just love March blizzards?
This is Eric, it doesn't get much funnier than a fat guy with a bucket of supposedly warm water in a blizzard trying to melt his way out of his driveway! I laughed hard through the whole video! Dalyce teared from laughter from watching it this time.
Seriously, I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. Now I'm feeling little pangs of guilt for laughing at the expense of my neighbor...but then again...no. The guilt's gone. It was just too funny. Ammie, your neighbor story made me laugh too. See what fun we get when it snows here? :)
AWESOME!! And you know it's a cleveland thing b/c he wasn't the only one doing it!!! We heard of others!
And to be quite honest...the thought occured to us to try it when we got stuck coming in to our driveway. After a half hour of shoveling around our car, pushing, pulling, reverse, drive, sticking boards under the tires to have something to grip, etc, we were tempted to try hot water. Luckily, after abusing our car, Dave was able to pull out, then he gunned it and made it in the garage.
That is so funny, I have to show Todd! I love the random things that people come up with, at least they get points for creativity!
Post a Comment