Monday, March 3, 2008

What's on Your List Today?

Shopping. It's what we women do best, right? Well. I remember the "good ole days" when I used to spend an entire day just wandering the mall trying on clothes that I didn't need, didn't really like, knew I would never buy but just really wanted to try them on to see what they looked like "off the rack"....the good ole days when I used to spend a fortune of my hard-earned money on perfume for me, colognes for Andy, accessories that I wore once in a while, but that I "just had to have" because they went with a belt that went with some jeans that had stitching that perfectly coordinated with the stitching on a favorite sweater which HAD to have a scarf because a scarf would create "the look" that I wanted when I wore that one hat......

Okay.

Now I'm a MOM. Get real. Yes, I still do some shopping, and yes, I still enjoy it, and yes, I still have style. But. Most of the time...."shopping" really means "errands"....

Today I had a very light load. This is what I bought.

-posterboard for Tay's dinosaur report
-markers for Tay's dinosaur report
-ruler for Tay's math/design projects
-erasers for Rachel
-pencils for Rachel
-new puzzle for Brooklynn
-sippy cups for Matthew
-a toy that has knobs, buttons, levers, (boy things) for Matthew's birthday
-mechanical pencils for Andy
-pens for Andy

AND.......(drum roll)..........

-new sunglasses for ME because once again my sunglasses have been dropped/lost/broken/torn apart/drowned in ocean/dropped off cliff/smashed by bike/sat on by dear husband/accidentally tossed out car window/flown off while waterskiing/stolen.

I don't have much luck with sunglasses.

6 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

HA! Sounds fun....I have the same issues with sunglesses and Steve thinks I waste so much money on them. I have to have them though or I get headaches. I am sure you know how that goes. Glad you are outfitted with a new pair!

Ammieloris said...

:) Oh, what joys I'm hoping for! You put them in perspective, though. I'm grateful.

Justin *Anna *Daisy *Lily *Violet said...

Justin and I had a good laugh. Love the blog post. You are so funny and creative.

Sherrie said...

Yes, and the irony of it all...the day after I buy them...the clouds come back over Cleveland, sit down, and decide that maybe Cleveland is a nice place to settle down in. I should have bought a new parka...maybe it would have been spring today. Ha!

thekerrclan said...

Right back at you with the sunglasses! I can't see or drive without them (and you know, here in Cleveland, we DO have to deal with a lot of sunny days!)...so now, when I buy, I buy two pairs at a time - -and never spend more than $15 per pair -- and that is when I am feeling especially wealthy. I miss you!

Sherrie said...

No kidding Tacie! I go to Target...they have a nice 9.99 selection for us sunglasses abusers