Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Watch Out World! I'm One!

On Sunday, March 9th, in the midst of the Cleveland snowstorm...little (yes, that can be argued) Matthew turned one year old!

He has been such a fun baby, right from the start. He came into the world weighing more than double the size of our little 4 lb Brooklynn, weighing 8 lbs, 6 oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches long. Yes. He was a "healthy" baby! In the hospital, he was very content to stay right in the room with Mama...and he didn't want anyone else to touch him. No Way. He made his point clear right from the beginning whose babe he was.

Just when Mommy thought she couldn't take anymore sleepless nights, Matthew did two very smart things. The first, he said "Mama" very clearly, and continued to say it as he goobered her with baby kisses. And second, he started sleeping through the night. What a brilliant child. At around 6 months he further displayed his genius by very clearly saying "dada" during a middle of the night crisis. What a sweetheart. Mommy was able to wake up Daddy and say, "Sorry dear, he's calling for you," and then peacefully roll over. ahhh......

He loves food (could you tell?) and his favorites are (in order of when they were presented to him) peaches, pears, carrots, then he graduated to other foods and this is what he loves now. Oranges, bananas, mac-n-cheese WITH hot dogs (gotta have the hot dogs), homemade bread, and....(drum roll)....POTATOES. Matthew loves his taters.

He is also a bit of a tank. Size does not intimidate Matthew. If anyone is on the ground, he will run to them at full speed and push them over. If he bounces off at the first try, he will keep pushing until they are laughing so hard that they collapse over. Taylor doesn't last 5 seconds with Matthew.

And even though he has his own toys...his favorite toy to carry around the house is Taylor's light saber. He is a cute little "youngling" and we do think that he will make a good Jedi Knight someday.

Lastly, at his one year checkup, he weighed in at 22 lbs, 11.5 oz., and he is..... 32 1/4 inches tall. He is nearly as tall as I was when I was three years old. Wow. I was such a little midget. He definitely takes after Andy for size. Oh, and out of all our children, I think he looks like Andy the most...

5 comments:

Mohna said...

Hooray for Matthew turning one! I just love their first birthday...they have no expectations and every part is a party! How fun!

Oliver and Keisha said...

Man, he is growing up so big! Congrats to Matthew! Cute cake, too!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

What a cutie! He is growing right up! Happy Birthday Matthew!

Ammieloris said...

This is so funny, and cute! Thanks for all the fun new posts! (I won't comment on all of them, but I don't mind if you spell words wrong--I am glad to know others of us are human! As for me, I haven't noticed any typos!)

The Beecrofts said...

What can I say? March 9 is a great day for a bday! It was pretty nice to just hang out at home. Matt wished the snow hit during school though- they could use a day off!