And after the kitchen fiasco of the day before (if you're confused...just read the previous post) I'm still smiling...and everything turned out fine. Ham, potatoes, salads, deviled eggs, crescent rolls, and....trifle.
Um...Andy wanted me to take a picture of the masterpiece. I told him that for Mother's Day, I'd really like a trifle dish...he told me that's not entirely "legal". What does that mean?
Yummy... I love trifle.
And I just thought the kids were so cute. I had come around the corner, and all four were sitting in the living room eating Peeps and getting ready to play a game that the Easter Bunny had left for them. And as always...Matthew is right in the middle of things. But by now, someone has found him some pants to wear, so he's in his church sweater and jogging pants. Nice.
It was a great Easter day. We had some friends come over for dinner, and were so glad to have some help eating all of the yummy food. (I seem to have a difficult time with small portion sizes.) The talks given in church were so good, as well as the Relief Society lesson. (Thanks Mayfield Ward!) And after we said good-bye to guests, we were able to visit with family on the phone, put the kids to bed, and then Andy and I read a chapter out of President Monson's book, "Pathways to Perfection". The entire chapter was about the miracle of Christ's resurrection, and how we will be reunited with our loved ones again...that death is not final. It just seemed like a perfect ending to a great Easter Sunday.
5 comments:
I don't think I will ever get over how big Brooklyn is! I remember her just a tiny little ball in Andy's arms all the time. Amazing!
Sounds like you had quite the Easter eve. I think its wonderful how Andy knows how to do so much with fixing up the house!
Your trifle is beautiful! So yummy looking... (Sherrie, you look like a 1950s mom--simultaneously crafty, neat, and gorgeous!) I loved thinking about Easter, too. For Easter I got a great book all about Jesus and the O.T. Day of Atonement ritual. It's so fun to see how many things relate to the atonement and resurrection.
Happy Easter to you guys! The girls look beautiful! Aiden must be a normal boy, all through church he fussed with his clothes, and the second I took them off, he was giggling and happy! BOYS!
I love the look of your new blog. I think you both are amazing!
Your family is so beautiful (esp you!) I'm sad I missed the RS lesson Easter Sunday. Thanks for always commenting on my blog, makes me happy! :)
Post a Comment