Monday, November 10, 2014

Tornadoes

When Taylor was a toddler, he got into everything and made terrible messes without making any noise! I remember having a conversation with Andy's mom about it, and she told me that Andy had been just like that when he was little and so she had called him her "silent tornado."  Oh boy...that "silent tornado" trait must be genetic...because most of my children have it.
 
Addyson is 2 years old, and she definitely inherited Andy's amazing "tornado" abilities.  I am constantly amazed at how quickly and silently she can completely destroy a room.  In fact, during the day, when I realize that the house is quiet... I go into panic mode because I know that somewhere Addyson is into something!
 
She is also a monkey and can climb anything, so it really doesn't matter how high up I put things...she will find a way to get to them.  The other day, as I was changing Emma's diaper, Addy decided to "bake."  She moved a chair across the kitchen, climbed up, and began exploring my baking cupboards.
She found the sprinkles, and food coloring, which were on the very top shelf!
 
She even got out a mixing bowl, spoons, cocoa, kidney beans, brown rice, white rice, flour, measuring spoons, snack pudding, a couple of her binkies (which I hide from her up in the cupboard) and wax paper.  Amazing.  This truly is a talent.
 
I frequently find myself saying in a sigh, "Oh Addyson..."  to which this time she responded, "Hi Mommy!  I's baking!"
 
The Silent Tornado hits again!

No comments: