Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Perfect Day

Having a baby in the summer is wonderful because the kids' schedules slow down making it easier to take care of the newborn...but having a baby in the summer is also difficult because it makes it harder to get out with the kids to enjoy our favorite activities!
 
One of my favorite places to go each summer has been the Boise Rose Garden.  I have loved it ever since I first strolled through it 17 years ago the day after I won Miss Idaho.  While Andy and I were dating and when he would come over to Boise to visit, we would frequently go to the Rose Garden to walk and talk and just be together. 
 
Last summer, I took the kids to the zoo, and then we had a picnic lunch in the rose garden.  It was a perfect day.  I was going through some of my picture files last week, and came across this one of Lainah from that perfect day last summer.  Here is my sweet little 4 year old Lainah, posing in front of her favorite roses that day.  She is so cute, even with jelly on her lips from her sandwich!
I didn't make it to the rose garden this year, which makes me a little sad.  It will definitely be at the top of my list for next summer's "bucket list" with the kids.  I'm looking forward to another "perfect day" with kids and roses.

No comments: