Monday, September 29, 2014

Oh Captain, My Captain

Taylor started high school this year.  Starting high school is intimidating enough when you already have your group of friends to start it with you, but I can only imagine how much harder it must have been for Taylor who had to start as a Freshman at a new school without knowing anyone. 
 
But he has been able to swallow down his fears and embrace the unknown.  He is making a new group of friends, and in fact, it was one of these new friends who informed Andy and I just the other night, that Taylor had been chosen as one of the Team Captains for his football team.  I just had to laugh a little bit at this news...because one of Taylor's favorite t-shirts is his Captain America shield shirt, so very often, I call him "Captain" or "Cap."  Well, it looks like this nickname might just stick!
 
Change is hard.  Change is scary.  But in my experience, I have also found that change is usually the catalyst for something greater, something bigger, and something better than before.  I'm so proud of all of my children who each swallowed their fears at the beginning of the year and started new schools, and have since made new friends and are becoming greater and bigger and better than they were before.

No comments: