I loved Christmas this year. I don't know why it felt different than other years, because aren't all Christmases great? Maybe it's because this year we didn't have the flu, we didn't have to share our time with anything but enjoying the day together, and that this year Santa seemed to be able to pinpoint exactly what each one of our kiddos really wanted.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when kids get a whole bunch of presents they still usually only play with one or two and the rest go unnoticed? Have you ever noticed that sometimes kids ask for things in their Santa letters that aren't really the things that they'll like the best?
Hmm...this year, Mommy wrote Santa her own letter, sort of editing what each of the kids had written...just to give him some pointers as to what they'd really be interested in.
Some of the things matched up. But for example, Rachel had asked for a skateboard...
Mommy sent Santa a letter saying that Rachel would probably enjoy a new dolly a lot better, especially since we won't see sidewalk in Cleveland until.....well, let's not talk about that.
Mommy sent Santa a letter saying that Rachel would probably enjoy a new dolly a lot better, especially since we won't see sidewalk in Cleveland until.....well, let's not talk about that.Here's Rachey in her new Christmas dress holding her new doll "Jenny". 

Brooklynn asked for fake money...and a fake candycane. No kidding. (laughing) Santa brought her a princess tea set and some clothes for her dolly. 

Kids are hilarious!
Here are the boys playing with their gifts.
Taylor and Daddy were putting together his remote controlled airplane while Matthew was busy giving his new fisher price school bus a complete overhaul. 

Taylor and Daddy were putting together his remote controlled airplane while Matthew was busy giving his new fisher price school bus a complete overhaul. 

And while the boys were busy with tools and such...the girls were busy in the living room playing with their dolls and having a tea party. 

I absolutely LOVE how different boys and girls are! I had so much fun watching them throughout their Christmas vacation playing with their new toys.
And for those of you who have personally witnessed the sight of Andy on his "scooter"...you'll really enjoy this t-shirt.
I couldn't pass it up. It says "Real Men Use Duct Tape". Well, I guess Andy is a REAL MAN!!!!! And thanks to all the duct tape he uses, I think the scooter will last until May 17th...then it's going on the tree lawn. (for those of you who are confused about "tree lawn"...I'll post later on Cleveland terminology for your reading enjoyment.)
I couldn't pass it up. It says "Real Men Use Duct Tape". Well, I guess Andy is a REAL MAN!!!!! And thanks to all the duct tape he uses, I think the scooter will last until May 17th...then it's going on the tree lawn. (for those of you who are confused about "tree lawn"...I'll post later on Cleveland terminology for your reading enjoyment.)
7 comments:
Andy is a real man. Nice shirt. Jonathan used duct tape to tape old towels to our rocking chair legs (so they don't scrape the paint off our bedroom door), and he'd like to use it for a lot of other purposes that I veto...
that's an awesome shirt--my dad needs that one!
Clay and I have kind of discussed the Christmas present issue (haha, we're not even pregnant). But who cares! Anyway, I agree. I think kids end up playing with just a couple toys they really like. They also learn more when they receive toys that allow them to create and use their imaginations (like the Tea Set), and I also agree that lots of times what kids want is not something you can buy, like to just play with you!! :)
You are wise! I always appreciate your example on this subject. Much needed in my world of examples. Sometimes I am not sure, and I really need a teacher. You are one my best teachers for this. Thank you! love Kirsten
your kids are growing up so fast! cant wait to see your new little person.
Sherrie and Andy,
Little Lainey is so precious; the love and support of the family members is obvious.
Andy, duct tape is a good thing! Besides your scooter, I believe the entire nuclear fleet is held together with duct tape!
Your family is changing so much; growing up right in front of our eyes.
Take care for now, Love you all.
Grandma and Grandpa Belnap
Thank you for sharing such special moments and memories. May the Lord continue to bless and be with you.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Belnap
Post a Comment