Friday, January 23, 2009

The Big 25

Okay...fine, so I'm not really 25...but a few years ago Andy and I decided that we would be 25 forever. So, on the 18th I celebrated my 7th, 25th birthday. You do the math...and then you'll know how old I really am!

Andy and the kids made it a fun day for me. It was a Sunday, which made it even better because we didn't have school schedules to deal with. It was just a nice relaxing day. Brooklynn started out the day by writing down in her princess journal what my birthday dinner menu should be. It consisted of bacon, jello, and rice. Yummy. Andy fixed some crockpot pork chops and potatoes...with a salad. Brooklynn told him that next year she would give him more notice on the menu so that he could do a better job at following it. (Seriously...she's only 4 years old! What are we going to do with her?)

And they also made me a yummy cake...yellow, and then I made my famous chocolate fudge frosting. Y-u-m-m-y. You see, I had the flu the week previous and lost 5 pounds and the nurses were giving me a bad time about it. I was just trying to do my part in gaining those pounds back. Ha ha! Lots of cake and ice cream.

About 6 years ago, Andy bought me an electric blanket for my birthday because I'm always freezing at night. That electric blanket has been used so much that it only heats up on one side and not very well...so one of my presents was a new electric blanket! The kids think we're kind of weird, but I love it. Thanks Andy!

I think what I loved the most was the huge pile of cards and pictures that the kids had colored for me. They wrapped each one of them...and Brooklynn made sure that each of hers was taped very well. She should get a job at the post office or something. Letters could then be guaranteed to be tightly sealed on arrival.

And...at the end of the night, we thought it would be fun to take some pictures of my baby tummy at 38 weeks. So...here it is. Last pregnancy, I had people asking me to post pictures about this point in the pregnancy too...why is it that nobody asks for pictures when I'm fit and in shape? Whatever!!!

6 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Happy Birthday! You are such a cute prego lady!

Sariah said...

Why is it that nobody asks for pictures when I'm fit and in shape?
Because it's depressing. You're so super cute, seeing your cute little figure to boot is just too much. ;)

Happy birthday! (belated) It looks like a great day. :) And for the record, your 38 week tummy is super cute, too.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the 25 seven times over...I am right there with you!

Ammieloris said...

Happy Birthday from us, too. Jonathan says Brooklynn was SOOOO excited about your birthday that she mentioned it repeatedly in primary. Hehe--I liked Sariah's comment. You do have the cutest figure, both pregnant and otherwise. Love the pics and the stories.

thekerrclan said...

You are so tiny! How are you feeling? I hope your baby cooperates and comes at exactly the time you want! Mine never have...but I certainly wish that for my friends. Happy Belated Birthday!

elizabeth said...

I laughed when I read the part about Brooklyn telling Andy to do a better job next time!! That's so funny!! Your birthday looked fun and peaceful - that's the best kind! I'm so excited to see pictures of my new little niece in a week!! :D YA! (psst...I used the assumptive approach, so when you read this allowed she'd just know she needs to hang on another week) ;)